25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Here are 25 things you may be surprised to learn about me (and aren't in the About Me section of my blog):
1. My favorite place in the world that I have visited (so far) is Interlaken, Switzerland. (The picture to the right is a picture I took at Interlaken in 2007). The colors there are so vibrant and pictures cannot capture how beautiful it is.
2. My favorite drinks are iced water, iced tea, and chocolate milk.
3. Halloween is my favorite holiday and fall is my favorite season.
4. I love reading books and I can read very fast. When I was a teenager, I had, at one point, read every book in the young adult section at my library. I asked the librarian what I should do and she suggested some good Stephen King books for me to read.
5. My favorite weapons and skills from games are: Spray n' Pray gun (Fallout 4), Trap Rivets (BioShock 2), Cyclone Trap 3 combined with Insect Swarm (BioShock and BioShock 2), Dark Vision (Dishonored and Dishonored 2), and Igni (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt).
6. Session 9 (2001) is my favorite movie of all time, but I can't watch it alone. Other movies I can't watch alone: Lake Mungo (2008), The Mothman Prophecies (2002), The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005), Hell House, LLC (2015), and The Innkeepers (2011). I can watch most of The Blair Witch Project (1999) alone, but I have to watch the end with someone.
7. When I was a kid, I had crushes on River Phoenix and Brad Renfro. I watched The Client (1994) so many times I had it memorized. Looking back, it was kind of a weird movie for a pre-teen to like, but I found it interesting.
8. People back up into me or step on me all the time. I'm 5'3" and have quiet footsteps, so this happens a lot. I think I should wear a bell around my neck or something.
9. Before I joined the military, I tried out over 50 jobs (no, really, I counted) to see what I liked. Some of the most interesting jobs were: lifeguard, pool operator, EMT-First Responder, dance instructor (ballroom, latin, and swing dance), and working in a movie theater. I think it's important to know what you like and don't like before you go to school because you get more of a sense of who you are and what you love to do.
10. I went to graduate school at the University of Southern California.
11. I've been to the following concerts: Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews Band, Robert Earl Keen Jr. (three times), Something Corporate, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (two times), Paramore and Foster the People (same concert), The Four Tops, The John Butler Trio, All Time Low and Dashboard Confessional (same concert), and New Found Glory.
12. In high school I took some very interesting classes which were: Animal Kingdom, Astronomy, Oceanography, Marine Biology, Golf and Tennis, and Dance. I took Astronomy again in college and loved it even more because they had huge telescopes on the roof at one part of the school. There was even one you could sit in.
13. I still hope that one day I will find the wardrobe to Narnia.
14. I can't decide if it would be cooler to go on a tour of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory or Hogwarts School of Magic.
15. If I find an awkward family picture while going on a walk, I will mail it to a random person in the phone book. It makes me laugh when I think about them wondering who sent it and why. (I tend to find those often during Christmas).
16. I often ask my husband how much he would do something for (it's always something no one would ever want to do), then I try to lowball him.
17. Whenever I read any of the Harry Potter books, I crave hearty bread, cheese, and chocolate milk. On my list of favorite imaginary Harry Potter book foods: Butterbeer, pumpkin juice, sugar quills, and cauldron cakes.
18. Revolutionary Road (1961), Duma Key (2008), and The Ruins (2006) are the only three books I've read (so far) that make me cry every time I read them.
19. My dog is a real weirdo and I think I'm at least partially responsible.
20. In high school I would amuse myself by taking embarrassing stickers to school and sticking them on the backpacks of random people. There was one guy named Dave who asked my friend out to a dance, only to stand her up, then make fun of her later. I got a sticker sheet full of pink, glittery Easter bunny stickers and walked behind him one day, sticking one sticker after another all over his backpack. Once I had gotten them all on, I followed him at a distance and watched as he greeted his friends. They all started laughing at him when they saw his backpack and I did too. He turned and looked at me, and I said, "Ha, that's what you get." He looked confused and didn't say anything, so I walked away, laughing. He apparently didn't know who I was, nor that I was friends with the girl he stood up, but later when he saw me with her, he started laughing and came up to us. He told me what I did was pretty funny and that he probably deserved it. My friend was still upset, so I told him he should say he was sorry, so he did and he was always nice to her after that.
21. One day, I asked my husband to eat a tiny piece of an acorn and tell me what it tasted like. He took a tiny bite and made a face, so I felt bad. In order to make it up to him, I tried a piece too. I wasn't ready for how bitter and gross it was. It was like eating tree bark and chewing up an aspirin pill all at once. That is the day I learned we are not squirrels.
22. I've moved 28 times in my life (so far) and it's taught me a lot about what you really need and what you think you need.
23. I really wish there was a year-round horror-themed amusement park, like Spooky Island in Scooby Doo (2002).
24. My favorite episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (ATHF) are: T-Shirt of the Dead, Dumber Dolls, The Shaving, The Clowning, Super Bowl, Shake Like Me, Universal Remonster, Ol' Drippy, Carl Wash, Carl, Hand Banana, Diet/The South Bronx Parasite Diet, and Freedom Cobra.
25. I love video games on any kind of system (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, PC, VR, etc.), but my favorite system is PlayStation.
Thank you for reading. I hope this has helped you to get to know me a little bit better.